Lost Reel at WP.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ianr33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody want to earn themselves a 6 pack?

Managed to lose a Salvo primary reel at Windy Point today. Should have the initials IMR on it .Also has a chrome knob on the end of the line. If anybody finds and returns it I owe you one!

Dive was as follows for anyone that feels like searching. (All directions are facing out)

Put in at Barstows and surface swam over to WP Public.Dropped down to the platform that is just left of the fence. Followed the steel cable leftwards to a large tree at around 90 feet. The base of this tree has a cave line that goes down to the river channel where the line takes a left turn. We followed it for another 5 minutes before returning the same way.

Disclaimers: This gets below recreational depths,lots of entanglement hazards (trees) and silt. Its only a reel!

So one could make the assumption that you lost it after the turnaround point, otherwise you'd have seen it on your return?

Ian, I will not 'even' ask how you lost the reel....I 'managed' to lose a nice Jon Line set-up on a GM rig dive once...:shakehead:...I will try to run that course next weekend if possible.

Ian, I will not 'even' ask how you lost the reel....

I had it on a D ring. My guess is it came off when I was getting intimate with a tree on the edge of the river channel,where the line goes sharp left. Whoever laid that line should be shot :D

even if i find it, and i will, i'm not giving it back.

Thanks jac. Always knew I could count on you to do the wrong thing. :wink:

Anybody want to earn themselves a 6 pack?

Managed to lose a Salvo primary reel at Windy Point today. Should have the initials IMR on it .Also has a chrome knob on the end of the line. If anybody finds and returns it I owe you one!

If the weather works out I'll be out at WP all weekend...lookin' for your reel will give some of us something to do. :) You won't owe us "one" though...we're going to hold you to 6! :D

Will dive for beer...or any other excuse I can come up with!

If the weather works out I'll be out at WP all weekend...lookin' for your reel will give some of us something to do. :) You won't owe us "one" though...we're going to hold you to 6! :D

Will dive for beer...or any other excuse I can come up with!

Yeah....what k-valve said!

I'll take a six pack of dos equis Amber.

Found your reel although I can't take credit for searching for it. If it was lost deep, someone brought it up and left it on the shore. I found it sitting next to the tree by stairway 3 yesterday.

email me at mike_lutz@usa.net and I can work out getting it back to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom