Lost R380 cover/diaphragm - anyone have parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Somehow, when I exited the water on my third dive today, my R380 was missing the cover and diaphragm. It’s quite a parts list:

Pin: 01075131
Diaphragm: 11500012
Washer: 11500035
Ring: 11600050
Cover: 11380034
Retaining Ring: 11500037
Antiengraving Ring: 11380035
Antiengraving Knob: 11380010

Does anyone have an R380 to sell for parts, or for cheap? Or any advice on where to get SP parts?

Thanks,
Joe

I would try to find out why you lost all of these parts first. It is very strange to say the least that these parts fell apart. A competent SP dealer will be the first option.

My hunch:
I bought it used. The cover has always been really loose compared to my other reg(s). It’s basically been held on with the little plastic pin. My hunch is it’s been missing #37 from the schematic, which is in some schematics but not others. It looks like a trim ring, and with it installed the cover would screw down against it and be tight. Without it, the pin eventually fell out and the cover came off.

...Or any advice...

Yes, buy a real second stage. :rofl3:

1front.JPG

Inside joke.......Joe knows I'm just having a bit of fun at his expense, but I couldn't help it.

The cover should not fall off even if the pin in not in place. The purpose of the pin is to prevent the ring from unscrewing. I've taken the pins out of several second stages so the cover could be taken off in the field without the use of any tools. None of the covers fell off.

Check the body to ensure the threads are in good condition.

You can purchase the parts from a SP dealer.

I love my 109/156 collection, but picked up a couple of the 080HP units too....

Pm sent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom