Lost: Oceanic Versa @ Monastery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I honestly have no idea how this happened, but I somehow lost my Versa wrist computer at North Monastery today. If anyone comes across it (or my 109 exhaust tee), please let me know.

NICE!! Another candidate for my Carmel Trench Dive Computer Testing Program. If I find it, I'll take it out to the trench with some fishing line and "test" it to 500 ft before giving it back.

Do you have any idea (approximately) where you lost it? IE, near the wash rock, on the way out, on the way in, in the surf?

Deep Sea Supply makes a wrist mount for the Versa. Both bungees would need to break before you lost it. I hated the factory wrist strap on my vytec.

aquaregia, I'm sorry to hear that. That really really sucks. I guess it's too late for this help, I use simple $2 wrist strap on top of my computer wrist strap (kinda looks like nintendo wii strap). Silly safety, but I guess you never know.

dannobee, I would love to be part of your testing lab team, this can be a lot of fun.

I guess next time when somebody asks me what is the difference between wrist and console computer, I can add this to the comparison "it is very hard to loose console computer".

Straight in from the wash rock, right in the middle of the kelp, around 18 feet.

I cinched my straps when we were fairly deep. I'm thinking maybe I didn't buckle it right or something and when we got shallower the wetsuit's expansion pushed it off. I checked it probably 30 seconds before I lost it, and don't remember hitting any kelp or anything. We spent like 5 minutes searching, basically until we got low on air.

I wasn't too bummed about it at the time because we had a great dive (angel shark!) and were all safe (Monastery scares the daylights out of me), but as that wears off I get more and more irritated :)

Cheers, I might do that. My LDS tech said he saw one in his shop when he cleaned it a few days ago, but apparently, just like it is for me, organizing stuff is the best way for him to lose stuff.

Hi,
I found your dive computer today. So when is the test event taking place now? :cheers:

I found it near the wash rock in around 25 feet and it looks like it was in the water for a bit longer. So I guess it is really yours. When I pressed the button it even lit up!!!!
Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom