Lost Lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vandros

Registered
Reaction score
Some one stole my Conshelf XIV first and second stage this week.....

Was actually my parents hand me down and in the 37 years had been serviced once (that I know of, definitely hadn't been done in the last 20yrs i had it) and was still going strong. - Though it only got used 4 or 5 times a year and cleaned well etc

What Reg will give me the same unserviced reliability? (? Cressi XS2/AC2)
I hardly every dive with someone else so don't want something that's going to fail.

Auckland, New Zealand, 20m max, min temp 16C
As a side note still have 3 Ali bottles of the same vintage 37 years old, that are still passing hydro tests.

Last edited:
That sucks by the way, bummer. From where did it get stolen? Your car? I used to night dive at Lake Pupuke and was always concerned about my car, didn't get broke into but was coined once.

That sucks by the way, bummer. From where did it get stolen? Your car? I used to night dive at Lake Pupuke and was always concerned about my car, didn't get broke into but was coined once.

Off our boat which was moored up the East Tamiki river - Which would make them not just thieves but also Pirates.

I'll definitely be looking out for another second hand Conshelf.

As need something for holidays next week have ordered a Cressi XS2/AC2. Any idea if its going to be a noticeable downgrade from the Conshelf 14?

If it doesn't work out ill sell it and look at a balanced diaphragm - Titan or MK17

Cressi aren't renown for their regulators. Diving gear is so expensive NZ. Could you rent or borrow regs until you find a Conshelf? Keep an eye on Trade Me for yours. If you can rent, and cancel the Cressi that's what I'd do. Good luck, sorry can't be of more help.

As US Divers put serial numbers on both first and second stages, hopefully you have noted those numbers, so that dive shops and the constabulary can be alerted.

+1 on the only another Connie can replace a Connie advise.

Not sure what shipping would run but I have a set for sale here.

Buddhasummer your not wrong about New Zealand prices, need to wait for a Business trip to the USA.

C@#p too late now ill dive the Cressi and look to replace it with a Conshelf or somehting new......

Any suggestions of new regs that will give me the similar reliability?

Back
Top Bottom