Lost Fins, Breakwater, Saturday, March 9, 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were lots of fins lost at Breakwater on Saturday! When I realized it was big surf at full high tide on a Saturday morning I quickly grabbed my camera and went down to the pier to get some good pictures of "Bowling for Divers". But it wasn't really that bad...mostly just big wind waves coming in. And the tide wasn't even up to the base of the steps. Still, I got some photos. There was one class that went out into about waist deep water and then, as they apparently had been trained, worked in buddy teams to put their fins on while trying to stand on the bottom and make a figure "4". They were right in the middle of the surf zone, so in no time at all they were knocked down and rolling around. While I was taking pictures of all this some woman came up next to me and commented, "That's why we always bring a bunch of extra fins for our class. This always seems to happen." I wonder why.

Bruce

we turned one into glens shop today

---------- Post added March 10th, 2013 at 11:05 PM ----------

There were lots of fins lost at Breakwater on Saturday! When I realized it was big surf at full high tide on a Saturday morning I quickly grabbed my camera and went down to the pier to get some good pictures of "Bowling for Divers". But it wasn't really that bad...mostly just big wind waves coming in. And the tide wasn't even up to the base of the steps. Still, I got some photos. There was one class that went out into about waist deep water and then, as they apparently had been trained, worked in buddy teams to put their fins on while trying to stand on the bottom and make a figure "4". They were right in the middle of the surf zone, so in no time at all they were knocked down and rolling around. While I was taking pictures of all this some woman came up next to me and commented, "That's why we always bring a bunch of extra fins for our class. This always seems to happen." I wonder why.

Bruce
why do people stand when they are in the water to take off and put on there fins when its easyer to do a figer 4 on there back floating

Bruce
Hello Bruce I was there getting certified Saturday I would love to see some of your pictures.

---------- Post added March 17th, 2013 at 07:51 AM ----------

Chuck If you have not recovered the loss Blue Fin check with Jim Carlson from Chico. Valley scuba. My girlfriend found it on Sunday and gave it to him. don't know owner yet or not.

why do people stand when they are in the water to take off and put on there fins when its easyer to do a figer 4 on there back floating

Because students are often taught to follow directions to the letter, instead of thinking. And instructors often forget to mention the little helpful tips and tricks they take for granted.

Back
Top Bottom