Lost Capillary Depth Gauge... Somewhere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveforDiving

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
A friend asked that I post this for her:

Dear Divers,

I lost, sometime in the last few weeks, a capillary depth gauge, circa the year 1950. It may sound stupid, but it belonged to my grandmother and I have worn it on every dive since I got certified, and it has a lot of sentimental value. If you find it, I would really like to have it back.

I am not sure where I lost it, I think the last time I had it was on a dive in cove 1 mapping the site with a DM candidate. Between then and the time I realized it was no longer on my BCD I think I only dove in coves 1 and 2 at Alki, so that is where I am hoping it might be.

It looks exactly like the capillary guages still manufactured today, except much older. There is a little round spot in the middle for a compass, but it fell off long ago. It had a water bubble in the circular tube last time I looked at it, so it wasn't measuring accurately anyway.

If you find it please send me an email or take it to the school I teach out off a lot- Scuba Schools at 2000 Westlake Ave N in Seattle.

Thanks,

Heidi
heidiwilkenn@netscape.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom