Lost camera travels 1700 mi & enters time warp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
life_torpedo.gif

Lago Colony & Lago Refinery, Aruba

What do Aruba, Key West, an underwater camera, a turtle, military salvage operation, WWII, Venezuelan revolutionaries and the German Wolf Pack have in common?

Lots more at:
UW Camera lost on Aruba salvage job drifts to Key West, triggers time warp - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

In case you weren't aware, you might want to have a look at this thread right here on ScubaBoard, where some of the hunt for the camera owners took place. I think the article on FKA Kiteboarding has a typo. It shouldn't have been "Scubaforums". It should have read "ScubaBoard".

As Bleeb said, the origins of that story are right here on SB. You're kinda poaching SB's story then trying to draw readers from SB to view it without even crediting SB in your piece. Weird?

It was a misquote from a source more than a typo. Both have been corrected with the link to the pivotal components on the story on Scubaboard. Thanks for pointing it out and apologies to one and all, there are a LOT of articles out there on this in English, Dutch, you name it. Not many mention the correct distance involved if it took the path shown on the google earth image. Whether it did or not, we will likely never know. I tripped over some of the background history researching the ship anchor that was being salvaged. Had no idea submarine activity was that intense in that part of the Caribbean during WWII. Had lots of it off Florida in the Straits, further north up the east coast and in many other parts of the word to be sure.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom