Lost Camera at the end of Columbia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI it did not come loose from his head, he removed and thought he had gotten clipped it onto to a D ring when exiting, unfortunately he missed the clip. I had been planning to put contact info on my camera a kept 'forgetting' that evening I typed it out on a text file and put it on the memory card and photo'd my contact info. I actually believe there are many more honest people in this sport than not and given the opportunity; they will do the right thing.
I find the fixed length of the Go Pole to be a problem so personally I like a compact collapsible stainless ‘monopod’ (Amazon.com: XShot XSP2 Pocket Camera Extender: Camera & Photo) and a Hollis utility pocket.

Not to long ago I was in a group and watched as a fairly new (older) diver with no skills and no buoyancy control try to video his family of four with a GoPro on a headband. The camera wasn't pointed anywhere near where he was trying to shoot, his head was in constant bob, weave and swivel mode, especially when the DM pointed out a critter and he tried to stick his head close to the critter to get a shot of it. He was up and down constantly trying to catch up with his family to get a shot without ever looking at his gauges. In the swim-thru's he had his head in every crack and crevice holding everyone up behind him. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen... if it hadn't been so dangerous.
How about that finally found something duct tape can't fix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom