Lost a lot of weight - now getting cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X:
So I decided to get in shape. In the past three months I've lost just under 50 lbs and if I drop another 10 - I'll be down to having about 10% body fat.

:thumb:

Well done!!

R..

How?

Good on ya Oe2

Easiest thing to do would be move to somewhere warm and sandy, that way you don't have to worry about undergarments and can show off that 10% to some lovely ladies....:)

congrats on the weight loss!!

TSandM:
Anybody have an idea of how much weight you had to add when you started wearing a Weezle?

Well, I have to add roughly 4 extra pounds of lead when diving with the Weezle. I usually use 16# (not including my BP) with wetsuit/drysuit w/normal undergarments and 20# with the Weezle. It's more buoyant and you need to have more air in your drysuit to loft the undergarment.

Matt, what were your "normal undergarments"?

I'm already wearing three layers of polarfleece, and wondering if the Weezle could really be THAT much more buoyant. At this point, at 115 pounds and using an old, low pressure steel 72, I have to carry 26 pounds. The thought of having to increase that 4 or five pounds is painful.

TSandM:
Matt, what were your "normal undergarments"?

I'm already wearing three layers of polarfleece, and wondering if the Weezle could really be THAT much more buoyant. At this point, at 115 pounds and using an old, low pressure steel 72, I have to carry 26 pounds. The thought of having to increase that 4 or five pounds is painful.

Bare T-100 which I sometimes layer UnderArmor underneath. I also have the Bare fleece top and bottom which I rarely use but use the same weight. The Weezle is pretty buoyant. I could probably get away with only using 2# extra instead of the 4, however I like the extra weight because I can add more air to my suit for lofting the Weezle (which in turn makes it more warm).

http://www.weezle.co.uk/

OE2X:
Any ideas?
What do you wear under your undergarment? Maybe this is obvious, but just in case you're not already doing this, make sure you're not wearing cotton. My old running attire has been reqruited to my diving bag, and I usally where a "coolmax" t-shirt, under a coolmax longsleeve shirt, and then some coolmax running pants, all under my undergarment. (which is now actually more of an "inbetween" garment)

All the coolmax layers don't add much bulk, help keep me warm, but most of all keep the moisture away from my skin. Especially now in the summer, I get a bit sweaty getting all geared up in the sun with my dry suit zipped up. Once you get in the water, that sweat could be contributing to your coldness?

Or you could start rototilling. All the extra kicking would help keep you warm? :)

would it be wrong to combine this post and the one about peeing in your suit together?

sorry... just the way my brain works.

Back
Top Bottom