Los Cabos in early March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Marshall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife is planning a Valentine's Day vacation so that I can do some diving in early March. My options (dictated by frequent flier miles) are Cozumel and Los Cabos. I've been to Cozumel and loved it, but I've never been to Los Cabos. Is the diving worth it at this time of year? All research seems to indicate lower visibility (20-50 feet) and water temps (65-75 degrees) at this time of year in the Sea of Cortez. Will this be enjoyable in a 5 mm suit (I hate 7 mm suits)?

Or should I opt for the warm and familiar 80 degrees and 100 foot plus visibility in Cozumel?

I would vote for Cozumel. Cabo has been a nice little summer beach getaway for me the past couple of years. Lower humidity than the Caribbean, better viz and warmer water than winter. But it is just no comparison to diving in Coz.

I would dive in Cabo if you happen to be going, but don't go to Cabo for the diving. Just my personal opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom