Lord Jim again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkH

Contributor
Reaction score
After 6 weeks in Halifax, I'm finally back to West Coast diving. I tried for the Lord Jim wreck in Mill Bay hoping for some half-decent, "almost winter" vis. Unfortunately, vis was 10 feet or less. I was trying out a wide-angle lens on my old Nikonos, but the strobe was way too bright and blasted most of the pictures beyond recognition. Here are the few that are recognizable:
AlabasterNudibranchonhull.jpg

Alabaster nudibranch on hull.
Tinyperchinfrontofprop.jpg

Tiny perch in front of prop.
Perchswimmingbysofa.jpg

Perch swimming by sofa.
Talkingonradio.jpg

This radio handset was hanging out of the wheelhouse window.
Capstainonbow.jpg

Capstain on bow.
Upperdeck.jpg

Bollard

thanks man..... the excitement of a new dive site is sure gonna help me get thru a day at work!!!

I have dove this wreck numerous times and I wanted to pass on a word of caution. Some areas of the boat seem inviting for penetration but be aware that it is a wooden structure and it is quite fragile... be careful..

Having said that.... It is a great dive so have fun!!

Cheers

Thanks again for all the info guys, found the wreck without any problems yesterday. Vis could've been a little better, but all in all a decent dive......

Back
Top Bottom