Loose Inon AD mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Was wondering if anyone has experienced their Inon AD mounts not engaging or clicking as positively as before.

Is Inon able to re-habilitate or otherwise correct a worn AD mount?

I bought my lenses used and noted some do not click as positively as the others. It is not yet a problem but I was wondering if normal wear will eventually render it unable to click positively into place.

What camera is this with?

My wide angle INON lens on the mount for the S90 fell off twice
I spoke eith INON at the dive show and he told me the new S95 has a locking mechanism so the lens will not fall off

That did not help me as I'd had the S90 for two months

I then emailed INON and questioned them about the weak fixing and he told me to attach the lens with a bit of string, so if it comes lose it will not fall far, I do this anyway

Anyway, INON did not care

The mount can wear over time, it is plastic. As well, the mount on the camera side can wear. The mount can be replaced on the lens. If the lens easily rotates in the bayonet mount, then yes, it is worn and might fall off.

N

Nemrod,

I have my wide angle tethered because of your experience with losing yours :D

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to tether the close up lenses.

My AD mounts aren't so loose yet - was just wondering if anyone had had them replaced or rehabilitated by Inon and if it something they normally do with their ad mount lenses. I guess that would entail sending them back to Japan for that?

Layla,

What housing do you have and which lenses? I have the UFL165AD and and 2x UCL165ADs on a FIX S90 housing.

In my case, I don't believe it is the FIX adapter that is starting to show wear. I believe it is my lenses which I had bought used.

Nemrod,

I have my wide angle tethered because of your experience with losing yours :D

Mine did not come off due to it being loose, it is not loose then or now. It was knocked off complete with the adapter because I went down and the boat went up and the swim platform of the dive boat took it off.

Yes, it did have an adventure. :)

N

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to tether the close up lenses.

Oz: The solution in the photo below works pretty well. I just loosened a screw on the lens, slipped the loop from a Fantasea 4110 under the ring and retightened. Any piece of fine nylon cordage would probably work the same. And it doesn't interfere with the lens caps. The slight bump caused by the string also makes the lens fit a little tighter.

Attachments

• UCL165.jpg
    UCL165.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 94
Hi

I have the S90 with Canon housing WP-DC35
and the INON mount

My lens wide angle lens fell off twice on it's first trip, it was in no way worn

I explained to INON that I do a lot of wreck diving and want to buy the done port
and, if I tried putting a dome port on it, it will keep falling off due to the weight

So, they think it is acceptable to buy a 100£ [150$] mount and attach a 479£ [718$] wide angle lens + a 345£ [517$] dome port to it with a bit of string :no:

YES, THESE NUMBERS ARE IN UK POUNDS, because I live in the UK

Well, I don't think it is acceptable
But, the only thing I can do is either live with it or buy the S95 + housing + mount + wide angle lens + dome port
But, why should I have to buy a complete new system due to an INON design fault of the S90

Layla:

Are there any camera shops in your area that carry Inon? If you could find a camera shop (or for that matter, anyone who has any model of AD28 mount), you might be able to verify whether the problem is with the lens or the adapter.

I don't have any problem getting my uwl-100 lens to lock into the DC35 adapter but then again, my lens also predates the adapter by several years so it was definitely an earlier model than yours. At least if you could identify which part is at fault, you would be halfway to a solution.

And yes, INON's position is totally unacceptable. Especially since the competition is trying a lot harder.

Thanks Flare

INON said they were aware of the problem, this is why they built the S95 with a locking mechanisn

The INON lens I had with my old Olympus did click into place and there was no way it was going to fall off

And as well as falling off twice, it has come lose a number of times
I got in the habit of checking every now and again and it would just come off in my hand

In the UK most of us buy our kit from Japan, because of the huge UK prices, and then take the risk on the duty
I also spoke with the shop in London they do had heard of this problem, but they could not really help me because I did not buy from them

OZZI - appologies for hijacking your thread

Inon AD and 28AD lenses should click and lock. If they do not there is something wrong.

If you do not tether your lenses, regardless of the brand or type, they will come off and go away.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom