Looks like a wet weekend for us in the south!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
According to the forcast we're in for lots of rain the next 2-3 days. Beast has to work tomorrow so I think I'll stay dry and make some do-rags.

put on your gear, walk outside, and claim it as a dive! :D

Can you make one of your Dee-rags with something a little warmer than cotton like your site says, a liner maybe? I need something to keep my poor widdle head warm in the cold, murky depths of Clear Springs as I explore the ghostly apparitions that appear out of the gloom.

Do they have a built-in pocket for keys and stuff too?

Aw, where's your sense of adventure - just because there'll probably be whitecaps at TL from the 50-60mph wind, possible tornados, and low viz on land and underwater shouldn't deter you. :wink: Maybe that could be the Houston chapter's claim to fame - "Swamp diving? Shoot, we dive in swamps during hurricanes." :eek:ut:

sealskin98 once bubbled...
put on your gear, walk outside, and claim it as a dive! :D

Can you make one of your Dee-rags with something a little warmer than cotton like your site says, a liner maybe? I need something to keep my poor widdle head warm in the cold, murky depths of Clear Springs as I explore the ghostly apparitions that appear out of the gloom.

Do they have a built-in pocket for keys and stuff too?

I've been thinking of making some out of flannel or trying to find some polarfleece. Most folks dive with a hood though when it gets cold. I guess a warm fluffy flannel one would feel good when you got out, though. :)

They fit too tight for keys and such.

If you get something a little warmer, would save having to mess with a hood, and a beanie type thing should be all that's needed for CSSP. Wool wouldn't work would it? Hmmm, may try my Navy watch cap some time, but that would be
nasty to wear after the dive.
:D

Back
Top Bottom