looks like a trigger fish, but I don't think so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holdingmybreath

Contributor
Reaction score
I've searched over 100 photos looking for what this is called.. help me please. Sorry for the low resolution.. it was pretty much an all gray fish... not multicolored as the photo suggests.. maybe 15" long or longer... we saw several on a recent trip to riviera maya.

holdingmybreath:
I've searched over 100 photos looking for what this is called.. help me please. Sorry for the low resolution.. it was pretty much an all gray fish... not multicolored as the photo suggests.. we saw several on a recent trip to riviera maya.
Almost positive that's an Ocean Triggerfish.
canthidermis_sufflamen28693.jpg

Rick

I'll second the vote for Ocean Triggerfish.

Dave (aka "squirt")

Thanks everyone.. I looked at about 50 different types of trigger fish and ocean trigger wasn't mentioned once in the resourses I was using.. and this fish seemed to have much taller fins than all that I saw, although trigger fish was the fin structure of this fish I still questioned it..
I found several pics now after googling "ocean trigger" and that's the one for sure.. thanks .. I can sleep now

Back
Top Bottom