Looking to get First Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ergo46

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I am planning to buy all my own gear very soon. Money is not a major issue currently. I currently very much like the Mares Icon HD and the Liquivison Lynx because of the Color LED screens. The Mares Icon HD only has the battery life issue so I am kinda going away from it. Do you guys have any other suggestions or comments on the computers I like?

Don't know much about the ones you like but I have a new never been wet Suunto Vyper dive computer that I'm selling on this forum that I'm sure you'll like a lot.
It's got air and Nitrox so when you advance there will be no need to purchase another for a while. :)

A few questions. What type of diving? Are you planning on using a backup spg?

If money is not a major issue currently, live like it IS and it may NEVER be :)

Soooo many used dive computers available at pennies on the dollar, I doubt I will ever buy a new one.

Shearwater Petrel, though if you want to mess with AI instead of just getting a good SPG, go right ahead and give that Liquivision a beta test.

My advice is to stay away from 'bling' and get a simple, workhorse computer such as those in the Suunto line: I personally dive with a Gecko (most basic). We use Zoop for rentals.

Must have's for me:
Nitrox,
Big screen,
User replaceable batteries,
Intuitive menu function.

Good to have:
Average depth,
Back light/luminescent screen,
Replaceable scratch guard,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom