Looking to gain entry into commercial diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You won't gain entry into commercial diving.......commercial diving will gain entry into you without lube.

LOL -- He forgot something, so I fixed it for him....

I found this to be an interesting topic; a little history first - From the military (1980) I worked in the oil fields of OK, ND, TX as a Roughneck on the rigs. Well drilling in the US all but stopped so I took my passion for diving to Coastal School of Deep sea diving to become a commercial diver. I was not able to finish, had serious back surgery. While convalescing I took a two year course to work on Aircraft, I did this for a number of years. From there I went into factory maintenance work (busted knuckles daily). Now I am a mechanical engineer. I have never stopped diving. Now I am looking into starting a "light commercial diving" corp.. this is a second income, not the primary. I intend to operate under current OSHA regulations. All the details are being worked out as I type this.
As a mechanical engineer - I will offer small structure design used for marine operations (Docks, hoists, small derricks, etc..).

During my above listed careers I was an instrument and controls tech. for a two year stint. When I dive the marinas - I will be checking for the presences of voltage with a Multimeter for sure, Ive never encounterd this Phenomenon, I think it would be dificult to find unless you swim directly thru the electrical path.
I would like to here what you decide to do with the combinations of your skills. Please do a follow up posting.
Good luck...

A bridge engineer from New York told me that bridge inspection divers must have a structural engineering degree. You may want to change your major, as there are obviously very few divers with these credentials and they can set their own price. Food for thought.
must be the one that I once certified from ow all the way to AI .Located here in NY. One of his jobs for the engineering company was in Guam , some thing about submarine docks/pens?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom