looking for womens dive flag swimsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi, i've seen on the internet that uzzi makes a one piece "dive flag" swimsuit for women, but i can't find anyone that has it. do you know of anyone?

Could that be misconstrued as desecration of the dive flag:confused:

donnad:
hi, i've seen on the internet that uzzi makes a one piece "dive flag" swimsuit for women, but i can't find anyone that has it. do you know of anyone?

Ask Scuba_Jenny, she had one on Friday when I saw her.

Divers Direct. I got mine there last year from their Dania Beach store.

I am looking for their banner ad to link to, but cannot find it. I did a quick search on their site, and again a no go. You may have to call them direct. 1-800-DIVE-USA.

I think I also saw them at ScubaEmporium. (954) 430-3483.
good luck.

awap:
Could that be misconstrued as desecration of the dive flag:confused:

A show of great respect, thank you for asking!

US code,title 4, Chapter 1, Sections 8(d) and 8(j)

THE FLAG SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS, wearing apperal, bedding, or drapery....
No part of the flag should everbe used as costume or athleticuniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, fireman, and members of patriotic orginizations.

In short, it is considdered to be unpatriotic to "prostitute" the flag, or symbol of the flag on clothing, or other used products.

Let's get partiotic today!
Yes, it says don't use the flag as apparel, but says nothing about using the color pattern as apparel. Thus, all the red, white and blue stripes and star clothing being worn today would be illegal.
However, we are talking about a dive flag, and no such law, to the best of my knowledge, exists.
Enjoy!
happy Fourth of July!

I knew I did good. I paid $9.99 for mine!

Scuba_Jenny:
Let's get partiotic today!
Yes, it says don't use the flag as apparel, but says nothing about using the color pattern as apparel. Thus, all the red, white and blue stripes and star clothing being worn today would be illegal.
However, we are talking about a dive flag, and no such law, to the best of my knowledge, exists.
Enjoy!
happy Fourth of July!

It seems I misunderstood the question, I thought it was the American flag! But incase anyone is interested, here is a little history on the matter.... SORRY!

For the first 200 years of our history, it was unheard of to wear clothing featuring the flag, or SYMBOL of the flag. This changed in the 60's when it was used as a symbol of protest for many americans. While it is fine to display the primary colors of the American flag on clothing, it should not be a copy of the original design of the flag.
(stars and stripes) On June 22'nd,1942, Congress passed a joint resolution calling for the passage of the national flag code into law. (the code being the result of the Army, Navy, and 66 national orgainizations meeting on June 14 1923, to lay common ground on the care, and treatment of our national symbol) Sadly, this law, is all but ignored today, but the content of the code is clear on this matter.

The things that the flag stands for, were created by the experiences of a great people. Everything that it stands for, was written by their lives. The flag is the embodyment, not of sentiment, but of history.

Woodrow Wilson.

As a whole, we may be surprised to see in how many way's we dishonor our national pride every day. anyone wishing to see can find information at the library of Congress, national flag code.

Hapy 4th, take a fiew minutes to ponder those before us.

Julie has both a one piece and a Bikini dive flag suits. She got them at a local LDS that carries a large selection of swim suits.

Back
Top Bottom