Looking for vis report for waters off Clearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got a dive scheduled to the Sheridan and Blackthorn this weekend. Anybody know what the vis is like out there?

The viz in the Gulf is typically not great but I've never been to either of those wrecks so I don't know how it is out there. I'd love to hear a dive report from them as I've been considering trying to get a trip out there.

Vis off of Clearwater is not that great - but still better then Venice beach most of the time:) Since the Sheridan and Blackthorn are in the 60-80ft range it should not be that bad. I've dove both of them many times. A whole group of us are going out this weekend & diving the Tanks off of Clearwater but thats not till Sunday.

ChrisF:
I've got a dive scheduled to the Sheridan and Blackthorn this weekend. Anybody know what the vis is like out there?

the vis out in the gulf in the clearwater area is about 20 to 30 ft in morning and drops out to about 6 to 8 ft later on in the day

the water vis is getting better as the days go by so if you would like a report later on send message to me and i will be glad to give you an update on vis and what is out there

when are you planning on going on your dives

es1760:
the vis out in the gulf in the clearwater area is about 20 to 30 ft in morning and drops out to about 6 to 8 ft later on in the day

the water vis is getting better as the days go by so if you would like a report later on send message to me and i will be glad to give you an update on vis and what is out there

when are you planning on going on your dives

We were supposed to go last weekend (7/23), but canceled the trip. I had a few reports of vis < 5ft a few days earlier and wasn't interested in going all the way out there for that. We'll try again in a few weeks and hope it clears up a bit.

I'm not looking for Keys vis or anything, but I'd like to be reasonably certain of getting at least 15 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom