Looking for Vacation Ideas for New Diving Family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpd22654

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My 15 year old daughter and I just did our PADI Open Water Training in Rincon, Puerto Rico. We want to take a dive vacation in mid March in the Caribbean. We'd like to dive with a dive master in small groups, improve our skills and be in a friendly, comfortable family hotel or resort. We'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks, Jake

I'm far from an expert, but the Caymans are known for great and easy diving.

How can I find out about general weather conditions for Cayman Brac in mid March?

Thanks, Jake

I've emailed dive shops where I plan to dive to get such info.

Try the Turks and Caicos Islands. Dive with Caicos Adventures..Fifi is awesome. He runs an awesome outfit. I wouldn't hesitate taking new divers there. In fact in April, my office is vacationing there and includes new divers. We dove with Fifi a year ago. My wife is very inexperienced at diving...she loved it. I can't say enough good things about Caicos Adventures. The diving in the Turks is great.Some great places to stay...The Sands at Grace Bay or The Alexandra. Hope this helps.

jpd22654:
How can I find out about general weather conditions for Cayman Brac in mid March?

Thanks, Jake

The weather patterns for the whole of the Cayman Islands are very similar.
Typically during March you can expect average highs of 85f and average lows of 75f.
The winds are mostly from the Northeast at around 10-15 knots and with wave heights on the open ocean around 3-5ft.
Ocasionally we may get a "norwester" or cold front coming down which will switch winds to the North/Northwest for a couple of days. These can cool things down a little, but don't worry, it's all relative! When the air temps get below 80f you will see all the local divestaff wearing fleeces and jackets!!!:ice:
Generally speaking the weather is pretty ideal here all year round except when storms come knocking, but that is all the luck of the draw!

Happy diving,
CJ.

Back
Top Bottom