Looking for Tulum based cenote diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelpout

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am looking for a Tulum (or something closer than Playa Del Carmen) based Cenote diving operation. Soem frineds are staying in Tulum and want to try the cenote dives. I know people based out of Cozumel but I don't know anybody from that area. You can PM me with the information.

Thanks in advance!
Jim

Dennis at Diablo Divers is based near Playa but he will pick up and drop off in Tulum. I chose diablo because they came highly recommended and I was not disapointed. It was my second time diving the cenotes and I have to say that I was much more impressed with Dennis than the guide I had before. The way they do cenote diving in the Yucatan is very safe but you must remember that they are still trust me dives in an environment that you are not trained for. I doubt you will find any bad guides in the area but there are certainly going to be some that stand out as being better than others. I would put Dennis in this category. I plan on using him again and will hopefully be going to him for a cavern class before too long.

His website can be found at: http://www.diablodivers.com

~Jess

You will not find anyone better than Fernando Davila Nelson (Dive Tulum) or Bil Phillips (Speleotech).

Dos Ojos (located right outside Tulum, has an on site dive shop and they have great guides for both ceontes and cave.

Back
Top Bottom