Wanted Looking for travel BP&W Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contact Deep Sea Supply via their web site. They will work with you personally to ensure you get exactly what you need to fit your diving requirements. You can't go wrong wit DSS.

I have a DSS backplate and 17 pound wing and was just delighted with it during my recent trip to the tropics. I use the same backplate with a somewhat larger wing in cold water, and I use it with a doubles wing when diving doubles. Great setup.

My backplate is stainless steel. I may purchase a kydex one for my next trip to reduce the weight of the kit for travel, even though I would then carry more lead on my belt than I might like under some circumstances.

You may have an issue using the same set up for both tropical and So Cal. Since you say "size small" you may not need to carry much weight even in a 7mil suit so a smaller lift wing may work for you. I need two different wings, but the rest works just fine for both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom