Looking for thermolution parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for parts or repair for a thermolution dive vest. see pic below.

This is the connector on the vest, it will not engage the battery. Has anyone had experience fixing these? Does anyone have an old broken vest they would be willing to sell me? Or maybe a broken battery?

I am willing to try to splice in the connector from a battery but thought I would try this forum first to see if anyone has any experience with it. Also, I only have 4 batteries

3BB48341-4037-4F79-9049-1AAC2CDA6638 (1).JPG

Those tiny little connectors and tiny 22-24 gauges wire in the cable are the main reason the thermolution is such a pita. I wish I knew a source for them for you. You can swap them for standard 2 prong trailer plugs.

One idea is to put solder on the corroded prong, after cleaning off the corrosion. Not sure if the solder would stick, but worth a try.

Am I correct the prongs are gold electroplated to resist corrosion? I wonder if a jewelry maker would be able to re-plate the metal?

My batteries on my 8 year old Red Grade Thermolution vest are dead. But for all I know the transmitter may be gone too. Looking for replacement parts. I believe Thermolution is out of business. In meantime I am on waitlist for Venture dive vest.

My batteries on my 8 year old Red Grade Thermolution vest are dead. But for all I know the transmitter may be gone too. Looking for replacement parts. I believe Thermolution is out of business. In meantime I am on waitlist for Venture dive vest
Thermolution IS out of business. I went on their website and contacted EVERY European vendor to find any replacement parts and unsold products. I have found several dive shops in Europe that will sell you a thermolution vest that they still have in stock. I would be happy to share that information with you if you want.

After writing my original post I eventually found a dive shop in Colorado who had a thermolution vest and purchased it.

Let me know if you want

Thermolution IS out of business. I went on their website and contacted EVERY European vendor to find any replacement parts and unsold products. I have found several dive shops in Europe that will sell you a thermolution vest that they still have in stock. I would be happy to share that information with you if you want.

After writing my original post I eventually found a dive shop in Colorado who had a thermolution vest and purchased it.

Let me know if you want
Yes would like to know about the dive shop. I think if I can replace the batteries I might be okay but of course that is chance I take. I know for sure batteries are gone. Do you have any ideas how to test transmitir and the coils?

Yes would like to know about the dive shop. I think if I can replace the batteries I might be okay but of course that is chance I take. I know for sure batteries are gone. Do you have any ideas how to test transmitir and the coils?
I cant DM you direct so I'll have to write it here.

here's a copy of one of my emails with a company who had a small size in stock in europe. Feel free to email them and mention me. I have other emails from other european scuba shops if you are interested.

info@scubaviva.ch

Dear David
We do have the Thermolution Vest “Blue Grade” in Size S. The price is 565.- CHF and the shipping cost will be between 40.- and 50.- CHF.
Regards
SCUBA VIVA-Team
Niklas

I cant DM you direct so I'll have to write it here.

here's a copy of one of my emails with a company who had a small size in stock in europe. Feel free to email them and mention me. I have other emails from other european scuba shops if you are interested.

info@scubaviva.ch

Dear David
We do have the Thermolution Vest “Blue Grade” in Size S. The price is 565.- CHF and the shipping cost will be between 40.- and 50.- CHF.
Regards
SCUBA VIVA-Team
Niklas
Thank you. Will contact them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom