Looking for Texas dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunk35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, I realize it's thursday already, but I recently completed my certification, and I want to get wet! So, is anyone doing any dives within driving distance of North Texas and in need of another dive buddy this weekend??

I just wanna dive!!:(

I've read alot of threads on newly certified divers rushing into an AOW class, so I wanted to do it a bit different and get some experience before "diving" into that so to speak.

Any ideas?

Kunk35:
I've read alot of threads on newly certified divers rushing into an AOW class, so I wanted to do it a bit different and get some experience before "diving" into that so to speak.

Very GOOD approach in my oppion....get out and DIVE,,have fun and get some experience before heading into AOW. As to how much and how long,,,,you will know when you are ready,,,,work with your LDS. But the most important thing as a new diver is to DIVE....Congrats on your accomplishment!

Ditto what he said. I had 120 dives before I did my AOW. I've got this thing about the word "advanced" Somebody planning to dive the Andrea Doria or do a 1/2 mile+ long deep cave is advanced but not most folks ( me). I think they should call it
Open Water Part #2 You'll learn plenty there.

I would suggest taking it before you make 100 dives but there is no need to hurry.
25-50 is a nice time I think if you feel good about it all by then.
You'll be good enough by then hopefully but maybe you won't have too many bad habits built up.
There are folks walking around that have Master Diver Certs. that have just a few more dives the that.
We call them Poser and other things too sometimes :D

Timeliner, you aren't too far from me, need a dive buddy??

where do you live and what size Telescope do you have ??

Well, I live in Denison, but I sold my scope a few years ago. Had a Meade 8" Schmidt.

That's another hobby I'd like to get back into, but now I keep thinking, "man, that money could buy me a new drysuit, or a tank, or a new air integrated computer....

I'm thinking about going to Terrel this Sunday since the Boys have a bye week. I got certified last month and have about 13 dives logged. I've never been to CCSP so no idea what to expect. I'm mainly going to work on my bouyancy and try out a reg, but if you wanna join PM me.

Clint

Kunk35:
Well, I live in Denison, but I sold my scope a few years ago. Had a Meade 8" Schmidt.

That's another hobby I'd like to get back into, but now I keep thinking, "man, that money could buy me a new drysuit, or a tank, or a new air integrated computer....

Yeah, conflicting expensive hobbies are a pain when you're on a normal human's budget. Where's that superlotto win when we need it? :)

Several of us will be at Lake Murray in Ok. Sat. morning....you are welcome.

Tell me more about Lake Murray. That's not too far from me. I live in Denison.

I realize the vis probably isn't fantastic, but where is except the blue waters down south?

Saturday I've decided to take my oldest boy (11) to a discover scuba class at noon, but I'm heading back to Terrell on Sunday for a dive with Trainacomin.

This forum rocks! Now I get to get some more underwater bliss!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom