Looking for some last minute boats for 8/24 & 8/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thunder Struck

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Sippin' cholla juice under the shade of a mesquite
Some last minute availability came up and was looking to roll into SoCal this weekend to hit a couple dive boats to channel islands. Looks like those that have online bookings are sold out. Others have defunct web pages (California Dive Boats : The Official Page). Anybody with any shops that still have some spots left? I'll be stag. Wife and kid are off at the mouse house.

It looks like Sundiver Express is sold out for this weekend. Maybe check with Danny at D/V Triton (Dive Vessel Triton: Southern California Diving Experience). But, if you are down in Anaheim at Disneyland, that would be quite a drive up to Oxnard. You could head down to San Diego and dive with Lora on the Marissa. It looks like they are sold out Saturday but are doing a double on the Yukon on Sunday and there are a couple spots left.

If you haven't been on the Yukon, it is definitely worth diving.

- brett

Thanks for the heads up on the Yukon. Looks like everything down to the border is sold out for Saturday.

But I’ll have to keep an eye out for planning a weekend where I can grab the Yukon one day along with an open boat boat for the second. Maybe make a long weekend out of it at some point so I can get the wife down to JMJ Wetsuits for a fitting.

Some last minute availability came up and was looking to roll into SoCal this weekend to hit a couple dive boats to channel islands. Looks like those that have online bookings are sold out. Others have defunct web pages (California Dive Boats : The Official Page). Anybody with any shops that still have some spots left? I'll be stag. Wife and kid are off at the mouse house.
Usually SoCal dive boats are booked through dive shops. So even if it's not an "open boat," you can easily just book through the dive shop that chartered it; it's just a different website. There are relatively few "open boats" other than Spectre most weekends, but that doesn't mean it's hard to book. It does mean searching is more annoying since only some boats post their calendars showing which shops have booked them.

The dive boat page is also way out of date. The Magician no longer goes, and SoCal Diver (which is nice) is the main boat out of San Pedro.

Usually SoCal dive boats are booked through dive shops. So even if it's not an "open boat," you can easily just book through the dive shop that chartered it; it's just a different website. There are relatively few "open boats" other than Spectre most weekends, but that doesn't mean it's hard to book. It does mean searching is more annoying since only some boats post their calendars showing which shops have booked them.

The dive boat page is also way out of date. The Magician no longer goes, and SoCal Diver (which is nice) is the main boat out of San Pedro.
I noticed that about the SoCal page.

I did look at those I could find with online calendars that referenced having charters and then looking at the chartering shop to see if they had any openings, but for what I could see the shops showed sold out as well.

It would be nice to see an upadated listing of the boats. And of course, with how we've been spoiled with online booking and availability with hotels, flights, and whatnot, it would be great to see such online calendars showing availability/charter holders. But for starters, a good up-to-date index would be a great start.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom