Looking for some info on my Canon A75

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwraudio1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at the Canon WP-DC30 Waterproof Housing for PowerShot A75 and A85 Digital Cameras. I have the A75 now and love it... How do they work with the housing....? Do they take good pix? I can get it for like $170...

You will be able to access every feature of your camera with it installed in the housing. The quality of your photos will depend on your skill as a photographer...for the money the Canon Powershots & housings are great. When you buy your housing, take it diving once without your camera to test.

pwraudio1:
Hi all,

I'm looking at the Canon WP-DC30 Waterproof Housing for PowerShot A75 and A85 Digital Cameras. I have the A75 now and love it... How do they work with the housing....? Do they take good pix? I can get it for like $170...

Seeing as you already have the A75 the housing is a very good investment. It will do "well enough" with subjects that are within a few fet of the camera. If you are lucky enough to dive in very cleaar water with bright sunlight the camera will do well with any subject.

The camera's only limitation is lack of an external flash. But given a bit of cash you can fix that problem if you want later. The problem with the internal, built-in flash is that (1) it is very close to the lens, so backscattr is an issue and (2) it only has enough power to project out
a few feet through water. But this is true of all small point and shoot cameras. The A75 is actually very good as it offers manual controls of most features One other feature I like is that your camera takes four AA batts. Other cameras accept only two. More batteries means you can shoot through many dives with no need to open the case. You do NOT want to open the case except in a clean and controled environment, certainly not at the beach or on a boat if you can help it.

Hi Lee I have a A80 myself but I have two buddies that use A75,s, their pictures are as
good as any I take and only when blown up to A4 size do you really notice the difference in resolution. You mentioned the A85 which is 4 megapixels and a better
camera than my A80 due to a larger screen. Go for it.
Alan

Actually, the A85 is *not* a better camera than the A80. It has a plastic housing (the A80 is metal) and the screen does not fold out. It's the A95 that is better than the A80, but only in three ways: 1) resolution; 2) slightly larger screen (it folds out, too); 3) preset "scene" modes.

I'm very happy with my A80, and would not recommend the A85 over it unless cost is an issue.

Cheers,

chris you said earlier that with a bit of cash you can add an external flash?how do you do tht..i have a a85

Try looking at the Inon flashes, they work well with the A series canons. They use a
fibre optic cable, and are triggered by the cameras onboard flash. Especially good in
less than perfect vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom