Looking for SE Florida Dive spots book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kikit24

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a book (the newer the better)for SE Florida. Can someone please recommend me one with maps and Lat/Long coordinates? Thank you.

Of course,

I don't think ANY book holds a candle to the users here on the Conch Divers! You might also want to check out our official Club Website, www.ConchDivers.com for all sorts of dive spots.

Just out of interest (and in no way to disagree with NetDoc!), I noticed today that Leisure Pro has a lot of books on special offer at the moment. I have no idea if they had anything for this area, but there were an awful lot on offer - it might be worth a look.

The Conch Divers site only shows dive spots for the Keys. I would like to have something I can take with me that shows the spots in SE FL. Thanks for the replys.

Got the Ned DeLoach's Guide to Underwater Florida for $13.29 including the shipping on Overstock.com.

Hey no probs with books with me as long as they have pretty pictures in them... I own more than my fair share! Still, it's hard to ask a book a question! :D

What sort of spots are you looking for? Beach? Wreck? Nearshore? Offshore? There are several references available.

The DeLoach book is excellent. For one-stop shopping, it's hard to beat.

For near-shore diving using marks, there are two books available at our local South Florida dive shops that have good site maps and location info. They cover Hollywood to Jupiter and Boca Raton to Dania (I think). Just ask for Ray McAllister's beach diving books and most of the LDS staff will know what you're talking about. They cost ~$15.00 each.

There are a variety of other books out there. I personally like the Keys guide that Steven Frink put together, with nice little sketches of the local reefs and wrecks that include suggested dive plans.

Let us know what you need, exactly, and we can give you better answers.

Good luck,
Grier

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom