Looking for PNW Dive Buddies - Aug 25 to Aug 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Duddridge

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I will be driving to Washington and staying in Olympia from August 25/08 to August 29/08. I'm hoping to do as much diving as possible while I am there, but I don't know the area, and I don't have any dive buddy contacts. So... I was wondering if there are any divers in the fair PNW who might be interested in doing some diving during the time I've outlined above.

A bit about me...

By the time I make it out to the PNW I will have logged a little over 50 dives. Most of my diving has been in cold water Canadian lakes, but I have also dived in British Columbia, Dominican Republic, and Hawaii. I recently finished my Rescue Diver course and am starting my Divemaster training. I'm used to cold water diving and dive with a drysuit.

If any of you are interested in diving, feel free to PM me!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mark

Count me in for night dives if you need a buddy during that time. I'm in Federal Way, what area are you going to be in?

Sounds great!

I'll be staying in Olympia which Mapquest tells me is about 40 miles from Federal Way. I'll have a car, so all we would need to do is agree on a time and place to meet. Since you know the area, just let me know where you want to dive and that's what we'll do!

I'll contact you closer to the dates in question so we can finalize when/where we'll dive.

Cheers!

Mark

Mark, will you have daytime availability on the weekdays? If so, I can definitely meet up with you a time or two. Would you be interested in doing a charter? The Bandito boats run out of Tacoma, and if we can find four divers to go out, they'll run a weekday boat.

Mark, will you have daytime availability on the weekdays? If so, I can definitely meet up with you a time or two. Would you be interested in doing a charter? The Bandito boats run out of Tacoma, and if we can find four divers to go out, they'll run a weekday boat.

You bet! Weekdays during the day would actually be my preferred time to dive. Shore dives or a charter would both be great. I want to do as much diving as possible while I'm out there, so I'm not too picky about where/when I dive.

Let me know what works for you, and I'll block off that time in my schedule.

Mark

Hey Everybody,

I've just received some news that I'm afraid will effect my dive plans next week. The primary reason my wife and I were making it out to Seattle was to visit my wife's uncle and aunt in Olympia. Her aunt just found out, however, that her father has been diagnosed with aggressive, late-stage terminal cancer. So, instead of us going out to Seattle to meet them, they are actually coming back to Manitoba to spend some time with him. As such, we've been forced to cancel our trip plans.

I am tremendously disappointed that I will be unable to meet and dive with all of you. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you in person and experiencing the beautiful Puget Sound. When we do finally make it out to Seattle, I intend to look all of you up again.

Catch you all later!

Mark Duddridge

Back
Top Bottom