Looking for places to stay in Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kcbar4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are coming to Vancouver Nov 1-5, and were wondering what is a economical and safe place to stay with our dive gear in the Vancouver area. Is there any place a peroson can store gear while diving in the Vancouver area?

Hey kcbar4,

I noticed that no one has replied to this thread. It kind of depends on what else are you doing in Vancouver. Downtown is expensive and hard to haul all your dive gear in and out but it is way more accessible to more "downtown" things such as Robson Street or theaters.

On the other hand, if you are more concerned about diving and dive gear, then I would recommend any one of the following:

North Vancouver Hotel Best Western Capilano Inn and Suites British Columbia, Canada
Hotel in North Vancouver Accommodations Comfort Inn and Suites Hotel BC, Canada
North Vancouver Hotel - British Columbia, Canada

They are all located exactly one block within each other and all of them give you good parking with the ability to haul the gear in and out of your room.

They are also at the foot of Grouse Mountain which will give you some touristy things to do as well as right next to Lion's Gate Bridge which will still give you very good access to downtown.

Lastly, Edge Diving Centre is just a few blocks away for air fills and gear rentals and the dive sites are all on the North Shore side of Lion's Gate bridge. So easy access to diving.

Cheers

I noticed that no one has replied to this thread.

We we waiting on you Henry as we knew you would do a good job in responding, thanks.

Somehow I missed this thread till now but I second what Henry says.

Do we have a third to carry the motion? :D

lack of vocalized dissent: carried and passed as unanimous

as for the b&b idea.... i wonder if some lionsbay dweller might consider buying a compressor.....
[/mental drivvle]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom