Looking for OMFG experience. hard to impress kinda guy. Boracay and Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for all the suggestions, i have some research to do. im going to send out some email feelers to some LDS's.

c

Considering where you live, I would recommend not diving not diving in Boracay, do a couple of dives in BOHOL/Balicasag. I would also consider not bringing my gear since you are not on a dive centric holiday and the board can probablly help direct u to a shop which has adequate equipment.

I would recommend bringing your M/F/S, Computer and Camera..

Go to Moalboal,Cebu if whalesharks is top of the list dive shops there go to Oslob for whaleshark dive(feeding).....

Yeah, good suggestion. I may add Alona Beach - go with Fundivers!

Hello guys,
please do not talk about Oslob. It is such a bad place and if you seen pictures of the whalesharks there, then you know why you should not go or even mention it to other people, to make the place more popular. I have seen footage of it and it is horrible. 90% of all sharks are injured already by divers, propellers, fins or paddles. Its unbelievable.
Balicasag is beautiful to dive though and you get there from panglao for example. Cabilao is also a great place to go. But as mentioned before, Malapascua is the absolute best place for the Tresher Sharks. They coming so close it is unbelievable. I have just been there...
if you like to get any information, just let me know please and i am happy to help you!

Hi there

Whilst I disagree in principle with the feeding by humans of wild animals for commercial gain, I decided to visit the Oslob site in January. We went with a very experienced local operator and were in the water by 7 . I really enjoyed it and spoke to several of the local helper who told me that this is a job that they would not have otherwise , helps feed their families and is bringing some much needed extra revenue for the village. The whalesharks are wild and would not come into the bay if they did not like how things were done. As a diver being able to spend so much time with 5 whalesharks and only about 6 divers was a once in a lifetime experience. There was no pushing of shoving , but it was early.

Regarding Malapascua , this is truly a world class destination for thresher sharks and the beauty of the island. Gato Island was also great , in 5 dives there we discover plus white tips per dive ,many very close.

This is just my humble opinion ,I fully accept and respect other posters who may not agree with it.

Back
Top Bottom