Looking for new dive buddies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparkySFD

Reaction score
If this is in the wrong place mods please move it.

Do you live in S.W. Missouri? Like to dive there?

I planned on diving today. Buddies bailed at the last minute. This got me thinking. I need to have a nice base of buddies I can call to go diving with.

I, like most are busy. I only get certain times to dive and dont like to blow them.

If anyone is looking for a dive buddy in the S.W. Missouri area post here or send me a message. I would like to say Im a DIR diver. But I do commit one unpardonable sin. I use a computer in addition to proper dive planning.

SSI Master diver
Certified Nitrox

Specialties:
Deep
Night/Limited Vis.
Nav.
Drysuit

Have my own drysuit and can dive in the cold, but have NO ice diving or overhead training.

Thanks

Greetings and Welcome to the board from Gozo, Malta! Happy Safe Diving!

SparkySFD:
If this is in the wrong place mods please move it.

Do you live in S.W. Missouri? Like to dive there?

I planned on diving today. Buddies bailed at the last minute. This got me thinking. I need to have a nice base of buddies I can call to go diving with.

I, like most are busy. I only get certain times to dive and dont like to blow them.

If anyone is looking for a dive buddy in the S.W. Missouri area post here or send me a message. I would like to say Im a DIR diver. But I do commit one unpardonable sin. I use a computer in addition to proper dive planning.

SSI Master diver
Certified Nitrox

Specialties:
Deep
Night/Limited Vis.
Nav.
Drysuit

Have my own drysuit and can dive in the cold, but have NO ice diving or overhead training.

Thanks

If you ever need a buddy and can give some advance time I could probably dive with you. I too am SSI and working at my specialties to become a Master diver by winter. That's my goal anyways. My LDS has recommended that I take Night/ nav, Nitrox and Stress and rescue next. I did one dive with my instructor who is a captain of a dive rescue team for the Sheriffs Dept. in limited vis and he shut my air off to see how I would react and commenced to just messing with me by loosing equipment including my weight belt, he even entangled me, when we surfaced he said that he had never dived with a student in low vis on the first go around that performed, and breathed so calmly in such poor vis before. Signed off on me after that one dive. To make a long story short, I build docks for farm ponds and the area lakes, I set posts on preformed concrete based of sufficient weight as not to allow the docks to float up during high water. I move them to where I need them with likt bags. I had been doing this for years without a c-card. Finally decided to get one. Limited vis is what I'm mostly use to. Who ever said that a person couldn't be self taught. I wouldn't recommend it though! :eyebrow: Sorry I wrote a book. Just wanted you to know a little about my experience should you want to dive together. I too need a base of buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom