Looking for New BC in XXL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zerosyce

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking to purchase My First BC. I am an XXL person, About 6' 3" tall and around 325 pounds, 54" Chest and 48" to 50" waist. I realize i am an odd size compared to most. I trained and was certified using a Scuba Pro Glide pro. It was nice but but it seemed to have some restricted movement in the arm area when putting it on on dry land. I have been searching for other choices. Anyone out there my size that has any suggestions? Most Shops in my area dont stock BC's that big so your input will be helpfull in determining what directions to look in. Thanks for reading, hope to read your suggestions. Sorry for any spelling errors.

Have you considered a fully adjustable bcd instead?

Bcds like the Zeagle Express Tech:
Zeagle Express Tech BCD

Are fully adjustable to fit almost any person and you can even choose the size of wing depending on your needs.

Another great bcd is the dive rite transpac which you could also customize.

SangP

I am looking to purchase My First BC. I am an XXL person, About 6' 3" tall and around 325 pounds, 54" Chest and 48" to 50" waist. I realize i am an odd size compared to most. I trained and was certified using a Scuba Pro Glide pro. It was nice but but it seemed to have some restricted movement in the arm area when putting it on on dry land. I have been searching for other choices. Anyone out there my size that has any suggestions? Most Shops in my area dont stock BC's that big so your input will be helpfull in determining what directions to look in. Thanks for reading, hope to read your suggestions. Sorry for any spelling errors.

I have a new Oms bp/ oxycheq bladder dove 5times, i am trying to sell. My deminsions are like yours 6.2/ 260lbs weird shape from years of bodybuilding. P.m. meif you are interested in it.

Scubapro Knight Hawk comes in size XXL which might meet your needs. I have a Knight Hawk and it's an excellent back inflate BC (note I'm NOT trying to sell it to you!). You can get them on Leisurepro for $450.

Zeagle BC's can be custom ordered in sizes XXL and above. Their PFS Modular system allows you to mix components:
Torso length (shoulder to waist dimension) can vary a great deal, even for individuals of the same height. If you are either very short or long waisted in relation to your height or waist size, conventional "generic" sizing may not give you a good fit. Zeagle's interchangeable components allow your dealer to fit waist size, torso length, and chest size independently, giving you a personally sized system.
I'm 6'3" 265# and a stock XL Ranger fits me well. There's two larger adjustments in the side panels that I'm not using.
Although I only dive w/o a wetsuit.

good info. I agree with yall, zeagle has cool stuff. I am looking into the ranger, Stilleto and Brigade. They are very cool. Thanks for all yalls input. i feel more confident about what to look for now. I hope one day i can return the favor and help all yall with something.

Look seriously into the Transpac line. I'm 6'4" 270. 52" chest 38 inch waist. Wacky size. The XL-long Transpac fits great, and is extremely adjustable. Not sure whether you're a sinker or a floater, but you may want to consider a SS backplate with something like the Transplate. Gives you the comfort of the Transpac, but the extra 6-8lbs from the plate to remove lead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom