Looking for Maui Dive Buddy - Dec 23-Jan 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Duddridge

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be in Maui from December 23, 2007 to January 3, 2008. I have purchased Lahaina Diver's "5-Star Dive Package" which includes 5 two tank charters and unlimited tanks/air for shore dives.

In addition to my five charters, I want to do as many shore dives as possible. Only problem... I'm missing buddies to do it with!

If you will be in Maui during this time and are looking for a buddy to do some shore dives with, drop me a PM, or email me at Mark_Duddridge@cpr.ca.

My schedule is as follows:

• December 24 - Lanai Charter (morning)
  • December 25 - Shore Dives?
  • December 26 - Shore Dives?
  • December 27 - Molokini Crater Charter (morning) and Night Dive (evening)
  • December 28 - Shore Dives?
  • December 29 - Molokini Crater Charter (morning)
  • December 30 - Shore Dives?
  • December 31 - Shore Dives?
  • January 1 - Carthaginian (afternoon)
  • January 2 - Shore Dives?
I will be staying at Kaanapali and getting my tanks/air at Lahaina.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

There are a few of us on Maui. How much diving experience do you have? I'd be up for diving but it's a ways away. I find night dives the most fun.. If you're up for one let me know! Black Rock is a great night dive... Anyway, PM me closer to your arrival and perhaps we can go diving! I'm in South Maui but I could drive up for a dive or two or you could come down here..

Sean

Hi Mark,

I got your PM as well, and would love to go diving with you. Please feel free to give me a call when you get on-island and we can sort out the further details.

Do you have a rental car? Are you travelling with a non-diving spouse? These things can help us locals work ways for you to enjoy as much of our company as possible! :D

Another consideration: if you are typically an "air-hog" you may want to go across the street from Lahaina Divers to Pacific Dive for some of your tanks. The last time I went into LD, they told me they only rent 72 cu ft tanks -- a full 10% smaller than the 80's you'll find standard in most other dive shops.

My schedule is as follows:

• December 24 - Lanai Charter (morning)
  • December 25 - Shore Dives?
  • December 26 - Shore Dives?
  • December 27 - Molokini Crater Charter (morning) and Night Dive (evening)
  • December 28 - Shore Dives?
  • December 29 - Molokini Crater Charter (morning)
  • December 30 - Shore Dives?
  • December 31 - Shore Dives?
  • January 1 - Carthaginian (afternoon)
  • January 2 - Shore Dives?
I will be staying at Kaanapali and getting my tanks/air at Lahaina.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

There are 3 of us booked on the Carthaginian on December 25, if you want to change your charter, you're more than welcome to hang with us above and below. We may do a night dive later in the week on Thursday or Friday at Black Rock, but haven't decided for sure. We stay in Kaanapali too. :)

There are 3 of us booked on the Carthaginian on December 25, if you want to change your charter, you're more than welcome to hang with us above and below. We may do a night dive later in the week on Thursday or Friday at Black Rock, but haven't decided for sure. We stay in Kaanapali too. :)

DiveMaven - When you figure out what time you'll be diving on the Carthaginian let me know ... if I'm on Island and can find a buddy maybe I'll scooter out there and join you :)

Mark - looking forward to diving together with ya'

Aloha, Tim

DiveMaven - When you figure out what time you'll be diving on the Carthaginian let me know ... if I'm on Island and can find a buddy maybe I'll scooter out there and join you :)

Mark - looking forward to diving together with ya'

Aloha, Tim

We're on the Lahaina Diver's charter that leaves the dock at like 1:30 I believe. I'd guess we'll be dropping in on the Carthaginian around 2:00-2:15ish since the boat ride is short. I'll definitely be bugging the captain about doing our second dive at Mala if conditions are good.

Be fun to finally meet you, and underwater is even better! Shouldn't be too hard to find the guy with a scooter and doubles! :blinking:

Hey Kris,

Rental car... yes!

Travelling with a non-diving spouse... yes!

With regards to the tanks... that sucks if LD only has 72s. The reason I'm getting my air/tanks from them is because they offer unlimited tanks and air if you purchase their "Five Star" dive package (which I have). I sought a bit of clarification as to what this deal entails, and it sounds like I can have as many tanks as I need and can use them anywhere on the island. Only thing I can't do is "share" them with others!

Looking forward to meeting and diving with you!

Mark

Hi Mark,

I got your PM as well, and would love to go diving with you. Please feel free to give me a call when you get on-island and we can sort out the further details.

Do you have a rental car? Are you travelling with a non-diving spouse? These things can help us locals work ways for you to enjoy as much of our company as possible! :D

Another consideration: if you are typically an "air-hog" you may want to go across the street from Lahaina Divers to Pacific Dive for some of your tanks. The last time I went into LD, they told me they only rent 72 cu ft tanks -- a full 10% smaller than the 80's you'll find standard in most other dive shops.

Hey DiveMaven!

I just gave Lahaina Divers a call and changed my Carthiginian dive from January 1 to December 25. It'll be great to meet and dive with you guys!

I'd love to hook up for any other dives you would be interested in later on in the week. I'll drop you a PM closer to our departure date.

Looking forward to the 25th!

Mark

Sounds excellent! Since there are 3 of us (1 with a non-diving spouse) it'll be nice to have 2 buddy teams with you as our fourth. Since I have your "real" name, I'll fire an e-mail to LD and ask them to hook the 4 of us together for a dive group.

Apparently the dive on the Carthaginian is unled and we're pretty much allowed to do our own thing on the wreck (staying within NDLs and air). The second dive will be somewhere else (I'm going to push for Mala if conditions warrant) and DMs will lead groups of 6-8 divers.

Oh, I should warn you that 2 of our little group are photographers and can poke along pretty slow. We'll definitely be looking for the frog fish as well as any macro we can find on the wreck. For the second dive, our pace will be dictated more by the DM we get, but we typically bring up the rear of the pack. :wink:

I'll be easy to spot at the shop when we check-in before the charter. Blonde woman wearing a hideous oversized lavender Chammyz top (we affectionately call it "Barney"). If for some reason I'm not sporting Barney, my husband is very tall and has a 1/2 sleeve Koi on his left arm...hard to miss. :) (My avatar is a picture of my tattoo on my right shoulder)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom