Looking for Instruction in Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twanderson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Sanford, Florida, which is about 15 miles North of Orlando (the ‘burbs). I am looking for quality instruction in this area with the following goals in mind:

I would like a one-stop-shop for my instruction that way I will be able to build on my relationship with the instructors.

I have been diving 3 times in the past a have truly found a passion.

Looking for NAUI SCUBA certification (to begin with) and the following additional areas of interest (later on):

Advanced
Master
Nitrox
Trimix
Wreck Survey
Wreck Penetration
Cavern
Apprentice Cave
Cave (Full)
Night
Navigation

If you have been trained by anyone the area and have a recommendation please let me know. I will be glad to pass on that recommendation if I take instruction from your suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Tim

I would try David Badali at Orlando Scuba Center (www.orlandoscubacenter.com). It is a NAUI store and I know he teaches recreational diving and carries rebreathers. I think he also teaches technical diving. There are two stores in the Orlando area, one downtown and one in Casselberry.

PS: As an SSI and IANTD instructor myself, it pains me to recommend you to a NAUI store!

i'm in lake mary and just signed up with seminole scuba. (i think that's it)
they're in the lake mary center in lake mary (obviously)
they do both padi and naui (i chose padi cus that's the next class they have starting)
there's also a shop on 17-92 in sanford called fun2dive I think

Yall need to check out the Florida Conch Divers in the Regional Section. Were always hunting new victi...err members.
Chris

Look at Scuba Diversions in Casselberry.
Kevin is a great instructor and runs an honest, high quality shop.

Check out these guys C & N Divers They have some amazing Instructors in their group, three of whom I can personally recommend... Shane Creech, Randy Olsen (both on this board) and also Chris Zelnio. As a Dm on a boat, I get the chance to meet a lot of different Instructors on a daily basis, I often judge them by the quality of students they put out. These guys turn out some pretty amazing new divers so I'm thinking they must be doing something right.

Check out their link, let me know what you think..

Cheers

LiteHedded:
i'm in lake mary and just signed up with seminole scuba. (i think that's it)
they're in the lake mary center in lake mary (obviously)
they do both padi and naui (i chose padi cus that's the next class they have starting)
there's also a shop on 17-92 in sanford called fun2dive I think

My best friend most likely will be teaching your class. In fact, I might just be there since we are flying down to see them on Monday. He mentioned he'll have pool sessions on Saturday and Sunday.

Kerry is highly recommended. He certified my wife and really helped her get over the mask removal fear. His wife helps with the courses (PADI DM). I hope you really enjoy it.

To the orginal poster - why are you worried about doing a NAUI course?? If you look at most of the conversations, it's not the certifying agency, but the instructor that matters. If you would consider PADI - look up Kerry at Seminole Scuba.

Twanderson,

I am glad to see you are interested in learning more skills and improving your diving by taking more advanced courses. As one of the posters stated I believe you should look more at the instructor over what agency they certify through. Litehedded gave Bill at Seminole Scuba a plug and knowing where you are I would second it. I infact saw Bill today and know him as a customer of mine. He has a good rep and from what I know he runs a good operation. I myself am a SSI instructor, but in our shop we have instructors that can certify you in YMCA, NAUI, PADI if you, after meeting with others in your area you cant find the instructor that you wish to teach you the skills you desire give use a call at 352-735-5040, you can talk to Chad or myself (Shane). I will tell you now that we do not teach full cave nor do we teach wreck penetration. We will be happy to give you the names of an instructor that we would have teach us these skills if we wish to travel these paths in diving. Good luck in finding the instructor that works for you and I hope to one day dive along side you. If I can help you in any way let me know.

p.s. -- Thanks again Baitedstorm for the kind words!

Thank you all for the advice, I checked out a few shops and I am happy to say that I have scheduled my class with Bill at Seminole Scuba.

Thanks again for all the advice, I hope to dive with you all someday!!!

:crafty:

616fun:
My best friend most likely will be teaching your class. In fact, I might just be there since we are flying down to see them on Monday. He mentioned he'll have pool sessions on Saturday and Sunday.

Kerry is highly recommended. He certified my wife and really helped her get over the mask removal fear. His wife helps with the courses (PADI DM). I hope you really enjoy it.

To the orginal poster - why are you worried about doing a NAUI course?? If you look at most of the conversations, it's not the certifying agency, but the instructor that matters. If you would consider PADI - look up Kerry at Seminole Scuba.
oh cool
I do the class and pool stuff this weekend on saturday and sunday and the ow dives next weekend
I don't have any fears about mask removal or the underwater skills.
I'm just trying to get in shape to be able to do the 200 yard surface swim comfortably.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom