Looking for input on family/dive trip end of May'22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is some useful info re the beach at the Allegro, Grand & Iberostar in my beach / waterfront album. The album starts on the edge of town & works south so the photos you're looking for are at least 3/4 of the way down from the beginning. Cozumel Hotel, Resort & Beach Club shorelines

Thanks to everyone who has posted info so far. Keep it coming! I'm forming the short list and ruling out some of the options.

I'm not an AI person but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Cozumel Hotel and Resort that is now a Trademark Collection by Wyndham resort. While it's not "waterfront" their beach club is right across the street and it has the largest pool on the island with 2 AI options (most go with the All Inclusive over the B&B option). Dive Paradise is the onsite dive op. However, Tres Pelicanos also seems to pick up quite a few divers staying there on the street out front and takes them to and from their boats at the marina free of charge if they want a more boutique dive experience than Dive Paradise offers. I'd definitely check this out and while it is "near town" as you can see, it kind of resides on the southern most border of what some may consider to be town. It is by itself and your not going to experience any of that common in-town noise. You can also shore dive right from the hotel if you care to.

If you remember the Occidental and its beach you also probably remember that all the sand at those resorts was trucked in as all beaches on the west side are "iron shore" and if you didn't have water booties the sharp coral fragments you'd start stepping on once knee to waste deep would cut your feet to ribbons. I'd bet with the pandemic and the storms the island has experienced no AI has the $ to truck in new sand so I wouldn't be surprised if there were piles of sharp coral knee deep these days but maybe others can confirm. This resort has it's "fake beach" up high and dry and wouldn't have that problem. IT also has a cool little protected cove with steps down for some playing in the water and snorkeling.
Link: Cozumel Hotel & Resort, Trademark Collection By Wyndham | Home

Annotation 2022-02-23 183539.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom