looking for info....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't laugh but my topside vacation camera is usually my tiny Sony 2MP. Fits in the front pocket of my jeans (or the smallest evening bag/purse) and does an excellent job for my holiday shots.

Obviously this is not the camera I use when creativity or a good lens range is needed, but on my last 5 week holiday I took exactly 10 photos with a different camera (bar underwater ones!)

Dee:
I do this, too. My first digital camera was a Nikon 880. It takes great pics but I really wanted an Oly for underwater. So the Nikon stays set-up for topside and the C-5050's stay set-up for U/W. The C-5050's are also a great topside camera but seem I was always forgetting to reset something!

Dee,
Could you post or PM me a photo of your Oly 5050 setup? Have you had any issues as others have with weepage/leaks?

If the price difference is that great then it is probably worth it to consider the Oly. It is not impossible to learn and be comfortable with multiple cameras/systems, but the less you use them the more difficult it is. I am a firm believer in the principle that you can never have too much photography equipment.

Brian

I'm not Dee but thought I'd add my info about seepage etc.

My system dives (usually) several times a week. No problems at all. I know that some had a little problem that was easily fixed with a very small touch of liquid silicone applied to the buttons...

HTH

Back
Top Bottom