Looking for info on Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gdive

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All,
I need some help finding some who can give me info on Abyss dive equipment. I have also seen their company name listed as Abysmal. Their web address used to be www.abysmaldiving.com. Thanks for the help.

Rick,
Thanks for the help. I am having trouble with my canister light that I purchased from them 5 or so years ago. I think the issue is with battery but without them being in business I am not sure I can get it repaired or the batt replaced.

gdive:
Rick,
Thanks for the help. I am having trouble with my canister light that I purchased from them 5 or so years ago. I think the issue is with battery but without them being in business I am not sure I can get it repaired or the batt replaced.

Talk to Joel at TDL. He has a lot of happy customers.

gdive:
Rick,
I would check the "Sartek" lights site. At one time they were the makers of the Abyss can lights. Sartek has always been great with customer service.
http://www.sarind.com/

gdive:
Rick,
Hi, That was probably our light. Just send it to Sartek with a note about the problem and a way to get in touch with you and we'll check it out.
Regards,
Carl

Carl,
Actually it is one of your lights. Can you post your address and who I should put attention to for the package.

All,
Thanks for all of your help. I wish that I would have thought to look here a while ago.

Grady

Carl,
One othere thing to add. My only "wish" for this light is that it had a smaller battery. I ordered a model with a wet connect. Has battery tech come along that I could replace this 2+' battery with a smaller one. I would also love the turn switch over the flip switch - you're right, it does come on accidently. The S/N on the lamp is 02543. Thanks again.

gdive:
Carl,
One othere thing to add. My only "wish" for this light is that it had a smaller battery. I ordered a model with a wet connect. Has battery tech come along that I could replace this 2+' battery with a smaller one. I would also love the turn switch over the flip switch - you're right, it does come on accidently. The S/N on the lamp is 02543. Thanks again.
Hi Grady,
Send the system to Sartek Industries Inc. 3661 Horseblock Rd. Unit M, Medford,NY 11763 Att: Repair dept. Please include a note with your contact information so that we can let you know what our recommendations would be.
Now on to the next question, the new battery canister that will give you 4 hours of burntime is the MINI5 about 7" long same 2.3" diameter as yours and about 1/5 the weight. Maybe if you want to upgrade to the new canister and battery we can give you a trade in on your old pack. After all, we'd like to keep you using a Sartek product. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Best regards,
Carl

Back
Top Bottom