Looking for honeymoon recommendations in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidsmiley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

This might sound strange but we are currently looking for recommendations for our honeymoon. We have decided on Belize, and have been considering staying in the San Pedro, Turneffe Atoll area. But just when I thought I found the place to stay, the Blackbird Caye Resort, they told me that they were full and closed for part of our intended stay. Can anyone recommend nice and relatively affordable places to stay? I am considering Turneffe Island Resort, and Turneffe Flat. Is anyone familiar with these places?

I am an experienced diver and my fiance will be a novice. We would like a mixture of diving, snorkeling and the opportunity to go sea kayaking, as well if possible on various eco-excursions. Is it more affordable to dive with the hotel in which one is staying, or is it more affordable and a better experience to go with an independent dive operator?

Also August is known as hurricane season. Is this area generally affected?
So many things to consider. If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

I've always maintained that I'd have my honeymoon at Victoria House but perhaps you are seeking more of an off the beaten path experience?

Have you looked at La Terazzas?

August is indeed hurricane season but the majority of hurricanes directly affecting Belize more often start to arrive in late September. I wouldn't want to bet my honeymoon on it though. :)

I can vouch for Turneffe Island Resort. I've stayed there twice for a total of three weeks. We love the place.

There was a honeymooning couple there the second week of our first stay. They were spending one week at TIR, and the following week on Ambergris Caye.

Everyone I know that has ever stayed at Hamanasi has loved it. That said, lots of them complained about how far out the reef was, ergo long boat trips to the sites and back.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Much appreciated. You have provided much food for thought. We have yet to decide the location but are now considering Hamansi, and someone suggested Caye Caulker, so as to not be so isolated and have access to activities in addition to diving and snorkeling.

Someone suggested Caye Caulker for a honeymoon??!?

Thanks everyone. We decided to visit Ambergris Caye, and stay at the Xanadu Resort. I looked at the other places recommended including las Terrazas and Victoria House, and Hamansi; all looked gorgeous but either due to cost and/or availability, often a mixture of the two, I excluded these places from the list.

Now I need to determine which dive operator to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom