Looking For High Res Images...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boastud

Registered
Reaction score
We are transforming the living room into our "diver den". There are some amazing photographers on this site. I love diving, but my underwater photography is sub par:depressed: If anybody would share their art i would be ecstatic!
Thanks,
Ryan

email: boastud@hotmail.com

I am sure there will be some willing to sell you some printouts. You might want to tell what size and quantity you want and what is your budget.

Well the winters in wisconsin turn us all into dreamers. So our den is being transformed into a dive getaway!

I like it: the thermostat cranked, a couple of large aquaria, photos on the walls, a tasteful shade of aqua wallpaper above the wainscoting, a hammock slung from the ceiling, maybe a tank of nitrous, and Seas of Life playing on the big-screen tv. It's almost enough to make you forget you're in Wisconsin.

http://blogs.wsj.com/juggle/2010/11/09/a-man-cave-of-ones-own/?KEYWORDS=dens

Boastud, I just ran across some of Chris Bangs' photos and I thought of this thread again. If I were you I would PM photographers you like individually and ask them if they will sell high-resolution images to you. The flattery might help. Here's a good place to look at what's out there:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-photography/147921-members-photo-gallery.html

In addition to Chris Bangs, take a look at parabolic and Mike Veitch, off the top of my head, though there are certainly many other talented photographers. When you get done here go over to Wetpixel.com :: Underwater Photography and Videography and take a look at Eric Cheng, Alex Mustard, and many, many others.

Wes Skiles stuff, since his passing I'm not sure who is managing that, but that's a lot of good stuff. Jill Heinerth is also a good person to check out, some phenomenal stuff there

You can always browse flickr. Lots of great stuff on there. Not to knock the well-known "pros" (don't care for that term) but there are many talented people out there.

I've been asked a few times if my photos could be published for non-profit/research purposes and have always been happy to do so.. I'm sure most people would be flattered if you wanted to plaster their stuff on your walls...

We are transforming the living room into our "diver den". There are some amazing photographers on this site. I love diving, but my underwater photography is sub par:depressed: If anybody would share their art i would be ecstatic!

Sounds like a perfect excuse to get better equipment and start planning a few more dive trips :D

Back
Top Bottom