Looking for good repair center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Right where I want to be, high on the hill in Para
I've been in the need of servicing some of my gear lately and I just can't seem to get the right repairs. I've used a couple of the local shops here and really have not been satisfied. Who really is the best at servicing Mares and SCUBAPRO here on Maui? I don't want to name names here, but I've had dissappointing results from my own LDS's. What do you people think? Who services your gear on South Maui?? are you happy?

I'm pretty sure that B&B doesn't work on Scubapro but you should still go in there and talk with Charlie. He might be able to help you out better than anyone I know of.

Charlie can work on anything if he has the parts. I think MDS is a regular scubapro center.

Maui Dreams services pretty much everything, and seems to be the go-to place.

In fact, MDS was (is?) sending their gear over their when they didn't (don't?) have a repair tech on staff... and then appropriately marking up the price MDDC charged them. :)

They don't stock either Mares or Scubapro equipment for sale, but likely have the parts available.

I would go to Maui Dreams. I've had them fix some gear on short notice over the years and they do a great job with good prices.

MDS and Lahaina Divers are the only SP dealers I know of on island, however if you're in Kihei I'd check with Charlie at B&B or Maui Dreams - both have good reputations on the island - if up north check with Ron at Lahaina Divers as he seems to have the best reputation up here.

One other thing - Charlie has always given me good advice on my regs, including when they don't need servicing and when they need to go elsewhere for it :) (I have really odd brand regs lol)

btw - I didn't realize you lived on Maui - gotta see if you can join some of us for a local dive here soon :)

As an afterthought I believe if you have work done by a none scubapro tech warranties are voided.

Back
Top Bottom