Looking For Diving Partner(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OUTHOUSE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings,

I am am a married 27yr old male graduated from Texas A&M. Just received my open water diving certification about 3 wks ago. Have 7 dives under my belt. Looking to dive locally "lake travis area and possibly move on from there."

I live in Leander (20 minutes North of Austin).

Looking for a regular dive partner to dive with on Friday afternoons/evenings and weekends.

Have all my own gear minus tanks.

If you are interested in going out or are looking with someone to dive with. I am a novice but am a fast learner.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks.

Hey I'll dive with you, and I'm an aggie too. Class of 2010. I get back into marble falls from the keys on Tuesday but anytime after that is a go. Shoot me a pm or call me (210) 275-9231.

I will give you a call during this coming week. I will be in Dallas (seeing Stone Temple Pilots) this coming weekend but after that I am available.

you'll find that quite a few of us are out diving on the weekends at either Windy Point or Mansfield ... check the board, depending on what we are doing we sometimes post to see if anyone wants to join in the fun

Welcome to SB! I live near Travis, a few blocks from DW on 620, and am usually up for a dive on travis about any warm weekend. Just post up or pm when your thinking about going and we can work out schedule. I have a new dive computer I am trying to get some dives on so am usually looking to catch a dive. Sometimes an evening dive during week is possible. There are plenty of divers all over central texas looking to dive and I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone willing to escape the Texas heat and go get wet. Hope to see you out diving.

Count me in on being willing to dive – I live in Oak Hill – easy access to Windy Point, Mansfield etc. My normal buddy is my son, who has this absurd desire to go off to college in August so I’m looking to develop a new set of buddies.

Best way to set something up is to post her on the boards early in the week. Then if you don’t get a response – PM some of us – if you bother us enough – one of us will break down and dive just to shut you up :wink:

You should consider Robert’s Lake Travis Scuba charters – a great way to meet folks and dive the lake. Also – start saving for the Aquarena Springs Diving for Science course – a great way to get crystal clear water every once and a while.

Almitywife ---
Just out of curiosity, it seems like you are hanging out in the Swampers forum a lot. Is this true? Should we adopt you as an honorary Texas Swamp Diver? I know you have purchased a DIMWIT t-shirt.

I am just curious. Maybe some day I will be able to get down to Australia and visit. Until then, I will just have to be happy with my Texas muck diving. Oh well.

Greetings Outhouse, Take a dive from Giant Stride, my customized diving boat on Lake Travis. You can get more information at Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba. Divers are grouped together so nobody is without a dive buddy. Plus this gives you a chance to dive sites you can't get to from the shore such as Don Brod's Scuba Park with many boats and other sunken items or Starnes Island with walls/grottos/boats to explore, just to name a few.

I look forward to meeting you and introducing you to boat diving on the lake.

Robert Weiss
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom