Looking for diving in ndonesia or Thailand in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello to all divers!
This is my first post and I really need some advice :wink:
With my wife, we are planning a dive trip to Raja Ampat. But for September, there are not many liveaboards, most of them are in Komodo region (Last year we made Komodo). So we are thinking Thailand alternative. As we checked Similan Liveaboards, its says The marine park is opening in November :depressed:.
So considering weather and the diving conditions -visibility, clearness, number of big stuff, etc.
Which diving regions can you suggest, both Indo and Thailand?
We are AOW and have nearly 60 dives. Dived in Red Sea, Sipadan, Komodo.

Hi, the Similan Islands will certainly be closed, so if you decide on Thailand it would have to be daytrips I'm afraid although there will be a few liveaboards running to the South Andaman area towards Hin Daeng and Hin Muang which although are excellent dive sites you may have trouble confirming the trip. You do have a few options for Raja Ampat in September that don't take the Komodo route and If I where you I would definitely try to get on one of these - the diving is fantastic. The Dewi Nusantara is a great boat and has discounted trips to Raja Ampat in September. You can also compare other boats through the link. Enjoy!

Indonesia is always better than Thailand.
There are so many other places in Indonesia that are worthwhile, esp. in september/october where almost everywhere can be dived : Bali, Ambon, Alor, North Sulawesi, Raja Ampat from a Dampier resort... etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom