Looking for dive shop recommendations (PADI referral program)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globetrotter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Heading to Bonaire at the end of May with two newly (almost) minted OW divers :)

My 10 yo and 13 yo are super excited, and I am hoping someone can recommend a good shop to complete the referral program.

Dive Friends

They are all good. If you are staying at Buddy Dive, use Buddy Dive, etc.

How cool that your kids are doing this and that their first real dives will be on Bonaire! You might consider checking with two smaller operators before you decide what to do. Both are close to the airport, and assuming you have a truck, logistics are negligible in any case. We have done a good bit of boat diving with Div'Ocean, which has a small shop close to the airport. We have only gone out a couple of times with Ebby Jules, with whom we connected on the recommendation of friends who have dived with him for years, and we had an excellent experience. Both run fast outboards, and while they say maximum six divers, it's often two or three, which I'm sure would be the case for certification dives.

Our kids got certified on Bonaire at 12,12,and 15. We went with Buddy's. I have no reservations about recommending them. I think they did all of their "pool" work in the shallows by the he dock, and checkout dives on the house reef.

I would recommend myself :)

Besides that; go for the smaller schools; bigger schools tend to merge multiple people into a group. For me, and especially when they are this age, would make it a private program. Shoot me a message if you want :)

I would recommend myself :)

Besides that; go for the smaller schools; bigger schools tend to merge multiple people into a group. For me, and especially when they are this age, would make it a private program. Shoot me a message if you want :)
This is a good point. Depending on the two kids, either the social aspect of a class of a few other kids or having a private class makes a lot of sense. It depends on the kids!

Heading to Bonaire at the end of May with two newly (almost) minted OW divers :)

My 10 yo and 13 yo are super excited, and I am hoping someone can recommend a good shop to complete the referral program.
They are probably certified by now. Would you recommend the referral program for teenagers ? Looking at getting my nephews certified but not sure if referral is the best way...

They are probably certified by now. Would you recommend the referral program for teenagers ? Looking at getting my nephews certified but not sure if referral is the best way...
Definitely recommend the referral option. Most LDS offer flexibility, private lessons (if that's your thing), and the ability to repeat skills if needed. We used Dive Friends for the referral dives, they are awesome.

In 2009 my 12 and 15:yr olds did their class pool work in ct and open water referral at capt dons with instructor Leo H. Best decision we made. They rapidly became confident skilled divers still diving today. Thanks Leo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom