Looking for "dive fitness" experts for article

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne2

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to interview knowledgeable medical and fitness experts who can speak for attribution about "dive fitness" for an article. I want to cover the gamut, from overall health to specific issues, like heart, strength, stress, flexibility, nerves, weight and lifestyle choices. Please email me at zuzanne@nyc.rr.com.

have you tried padi direct? there is supposed to be a new scuba fitness cert so they must have contacts for people in the know

I would go to Neal Pollock, the following is copied front he DAN website
Neal W. Pollock, Ph.D. - Research Associate in Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical CenterNeal Pollock is research director at DAN and a research associate in the Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Environmental Physiology at Duke University Medical Center. Trained in exercise and environmental physiology, his research interests focus on human health and safety in extreme environments. He participates in study design, data analysis and publication of DAN-supported research. He presents relevant research data at scientific meetings, medical courses, symposia and public events. He also directs the DAN Research internship program and the DAN continuing medical education (CME) program for physicians.
Pollock is a member of the board of directors of the American Academy of Underwater Sciences and on the editorial board of the journal Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. He is on the editorial board and undersea and dive medicine section editor of the journal Wilderness and Emergency Medicine.
For a list of publications authored by Dr. Pollock, click here.

Another slant is Katy Appleton who does yoga and diving together, underwater. Google search and you can find her.

Back
Top Bottom