Looking for Dive Charter Recommendations Near Tavernier Fl.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All!
I am heading to the Keys the third week of June and I am looking to book a couple of dive charters for myself and my 15 year old daughter.
I want something on the shallow end and good for a beginner.
Hoping to get a charter recommendation for someone.
Does anyone have any experience with Conch Republic or Rainbow Reef?
They are both fairly close to where we are going to be staying.

Thanks in advance!
Evelyn

Conch Republic is a great choice. I’d specifically ask for Donna to DM/dive with your daughter. She’s amazing with kids and newbie divers.

I have used Rainbow Reef (Key Largo) and Captain Hook (Marathon). You and your daughter will be fine using either.

I am going to Marathon in July and diving Looe Key. Looe Key is shallow and supposed to be the healthiest reef in the keys. Looe Key Diving and Captain Hook have dive trips to Looe Key out of Big Pine Key. Here is a DAN article on Looe Key. DAN mentions the reef is between 7' - 30'. Sign up for a shallow Looe Key reef trip you should be diving in the 7' - 30' range. Big Pine Key is about 1hr 20 minute drive (60 mi) from Tavernier. I believe the diving will be worth the drive.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Tavernier is essentially “south” Key Largo, so any charter in that area would be convenient. I prefer Conch or Horizon (their shallow boat for you, obviously). I would avoid Rainbow Reef.

Feel free to click on the blog post link in my signature for more options and info on diving in the area.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom