Looking for dive buddy/friends in Cozumel 3/25 - 3/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK everybody -- you should all have private messages waiting for you. I've also set up a spam-proof email address that anyone travelling to Cozumel can contact me at: spotmeter2002-cozumel@yahoo.com.

Now, on to the important question: where should meet for drinks on the 26th? I've never been to Cozumel, so if an old hand could offer some suggestions...

I can already taste the margaritas!

spotmeter:
OK everybody -- you should all have private messages waiting for you. I've also set up a spam-proof email address that anyone travelling to Cozumel can contact me at: spotmeter2002-cozumel@yahoo.com.

Now, on to the important question: where should meet for drinks on the 26th? I've never been to Cozumel, so if an old hand could offer some suggestions...

I can already taste the margaritas!

Might I suggest NOT Carlos n' Charlie's or Señor Frog's?

I hear you Gordon. Never been to either, but I got the impression that they're the home of Spring Break and $1.00 shots of no-name tequila. I don't mind going to a dive, but if my feet are going to stick to the floor, I prefer that it's with a top shelf brand of liquor ;-)

Any thoughts on a good place?

glbirch:
Looks like I'm just missing everyone. I'll be in Akumal end March and Cozumel from the 30th to April 4th.
I'll be in Coz from the the 31st to the 4th and would be happy to buy a drink for a fellow SB'er....

James

spotmeter:
I hear you Gordon. Never been to either, but I got the impression that they're the home of Spring Break and $1.00 shots of no-name tequila. I don't mind going to a dive, but if my feet are going to stick to the floor, I prefer that it's with a top shelf brand of liquor ;-)

Any thoughts on a good place?

Actually, that sounds like a description of the OLD CnC's, which was kind of a dive but with a kind of rustic charm. I liked it in small doses. The new (upscale) location is in the Puta Langosta (pun intended) cruise ship mall, and IMO it has no soul. It still gathers a lot of Spring Breakers, but with $5.00 shots of no-name tequila and all the atmosphere of a mall bar in Anytown, USA. Senor Frog's is a clone of it in the same complex.

The Sonora restaurant has a nice bar area, as do several of the other eateries. Come to think of it, why not meet for a meal at La Choza? One thing that I like about Cozumel restaurants that I don't see too often in the States is a no problema attitude to multiple separate checks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom