Looking for current Lake conditions @ T.L.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all
was wondering about current Temp & Vis at Twin Lakes

Thanks in advance
Dave

Galveston beach water temp is 71. Add 5 degrees to that for twin lakes. is anyone going to be out there this weekend. looking for dive buddies.

Where do you look to keep track of the Galveston beach water temps? Is there a link? Is the "add 5 degrees" rule to get the Twin Lakes temp a fair rule of thumb year 'round?

Leiserom, I'm headed to Austin in the morning; otherwise, I'd be glad to join you for a dive this weekend. With the water now in the 70's, I'm sure lots of folks will be headed out there.

Teknadv3x,
Was at TL yesterday to DM for a private Open Water Cert. Temp was 70 degrees on the surface with a 15 degree sharpe thermocline at 20ft . Vis was about 10 ft until the silt got up from the students. Great day to be in the water. Beast sure did a great job on the tank racks. That boy sure can weld.
Be safe,
Larry

TPH(Steve) suggested this rule of thumb. Ina the chronicle, on the scores page it lists the forecasts at the bottom of the page. Included in this is the water temp at galveston.

Back
Top Bottom