Looking for creative valve drill tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can post some video that might help. Normally you want the left elbow to basically touch the left ear...
Does he have a front zip suit with a zipper on the left shoulder?

Progress, not perfection :)

I know these are not DIR, but there are those cables [OMS used to make them] that extend the valve handle to be easily accessible...having it on the side [left post] would not be strreamlined but could be a temp solution if the diver routed it under their arm:

An example:
REMOTE LEAD

I have bad shoulders. One needs a total replacement and the other just a reconstruction. I can’t reach typical back mounted valve. I’ve thought about inline valves being much easier to reach. They would be worn with the valve handles in and high on the back. They may be easier to hit with your head?

If you can post some video that might help. Normally you want the left elbow to basically touch the left ear...
Does he have a front zip suit with a zipper on the left shoulder?

I'll try and get some video during our next session which will probably be next week.

His drysuit is a rear loader.

I'll try and get some video during our next session which will probably be next week.

His drysuit is a rear loader.

The rear loader/entry could be an issue...

At their request, I took a video of a buddy of mine doing a shutdown drill with his rear entry suit...

Progress, not perfection :)

I know these are not DIR, but there are those cables [OMS used to make them] that extend the valve handle to be easily accessible...having it on the side [left post] would not be strreamlined but could be a temp solution if the diver routed it under their arm:

An example:
REMOTE LEAD

Hi Andrew. Yes I've seen a few divers with these in the UK. We call them ''slob knobs' over here :wink:. I thought they were just for the manifold valve, but looks like it is also available for cylinder valve. Worth consideration if all else fails. Thanks. G

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom