Looking for Chikuzen GPS coordinates in BVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWoo

Reaction score
I just moved and I can't find my dive log that has the GPS coordinates for the Chikuzen dive site in the BVIs.

Does anyone have them?

:dazzler1:

N18.37.110******************** W64.31.000*

But as with any gps coordinate from someone elses gps, I wouldnt trust these completly. I got it off the site http://www.captaingfb.com/bvidivesitegpswaypoints.html
I've used these coordinates before for locating the general area of other sites, but just used sight to find the actual mooring ball. If you do a search for BVI dive site waypoints on google you might find some others sites that will have them.
And just to let you know I was diving the chikuzen back in January of this year with DiveBVI and the mooring line(to the bottom, not the boat) was pretty frayed, and the DM ran an extra line to the pin at the beginning of the dive and brought it back up at the end. Not a bad idea.....

Thanks. I ended up finding my dive log and these match mine pretty close (N18.37.130 W64.30.969). The "7" in my set was a little smudged, so at least you confirmed that it wasn't a 1 or a 9. I should be able to find it now. Thanks.

croyo:
N18.37.110******************** W64.31.000*

But as with any gps coordinate from someone elses gps, I wouldnt trust these completly. I got it off the site http://www.captaingfb.com/bvidivesitegpswaypoints.html
I've used these coordinates before for locating the general area of other sites, but just used sight to find the actual mooring ball. If you do a search for BVI dive site waypoints on google you might find some others sites that will have them.
And just to let you know I was diving the chikuzen back in January of this year with DiveBVI and the mooring line(to the bottom, not the boat) was pretty frayed, and the DM ran an extra line to the pin at the beginning of the dive and brought it back up at the end. Not a bad idea.....

Also - that wreck is somewhat a way off... and if it's a nice day out you can almost guarantee that someone is going to be on the ball before you get there.

zboss:
Also - that wreck is somewhat a way off... and if it's a nice day out you can almost guarantee that someone is going to be on the ball before you get there.

Answer to AOW question #33, "What is the best use for a dive knife?" :D

Back
Top Bottom