Looking for CF Card adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liquid_nomad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

I am trying to find a CF Memory Card adaptor (to slip in an Xd card to use in a CF device). Appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

PS Will need to buy it via credit card and have it sent to Malaysia.

Thanks Herman. I have emailed them for details on shipping. Their quoted price is 270 UK Pounds, pre shipping. Does this sound about right? Cheers.

I have no clue on the quality, price or value of the adapter. I also have no knowledge of the on line vendor so buyer be ware. I just did a quick search and that was the best looking site I found. At least they had a picture of the item and identified that it was made by Fuji. My camera takes both so I use which ever I have.

Wow, that sounds pretty expensive. Would it not be cheaper to buy a CF card?

liquid_nomad:
Hi all,

I am trying to find a CF Memory Card adaptor (to slip in an Xd card to use in a CF device). Appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

PS Will need to buy it via credit card and have it sent to Malaysia.

Careful. When I looked at these things for SD cards, the resulting assembly was bigger than a CF card (as shown) so I couldn't close the door. Basically not usable for me.

liquid_nomad:
Does this sound about right? Cheers.
Not exactly...the price on the link herman provided is $45UK..:shakehead

Try www.bhphotovideo.com, they ship internationally. Something that small could probably go in a padded envelope.

My apologies. THe price is UK Pounds 45.00. MY typo included the exchange from UK to MYR. Thanks all for the various tips and pointers. L-N.

I actually use the same set up as herman, which is theOly C-5050, PT-015, Inon D180,with Epoque WA & Close up wet attachments but I recently bought an Oly 310, basically a point & shoot and this uses only an Xd card.

I have an Epson P2000 storage device to download my pix at the end of the day and this does not have a slot for Xd card, hence the looking around.

Thanks all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom