Looking for camara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquariumguy

Registered
Reaction score
im looking to buy a camara in the next couple of days and thought i had my mind set on getting the sealife dc600 but started doing more reasearch into digits and now have no idea what i want...iwe narrowed myself down to the sealife, cannon series and fuji camaras....if someone could please help me out im looking to spend no more the 400...i like the cannon a590 and fuji f30 but im open for suggestions

most cannon products are still made in japan, fuji has theirs outsource to China. That was what I found out the last time I was at B&H photo. I believe the selife is made in China also. I would lean more though the one made in japan. I have a cannon on dive camera, and its been great, good battery life on a single charge.

I like the Canon 20d with the Ikelite housing. The 20d is a DSLR that can grow with you. Why spend now for something you will replace later. I can shoot several days on a single battery charge. If I want to shoot large frame (coral goupings, divers, wrecks) I use my 17x85 lens and port, for medium size macro (closeup fish, eel, some nudi's) I shoot my 50mm Macro and for real closeup my 100mm macro. Like I said it is a flexible system that can grow with you. Of course it takes great shots on the surface as well. Now it would be the 40d instead of the 20d but the principle is the same. Of course there should be good deals out there on used 20d/30d and housings.

As to why Ikelite? I lost my rig in 50 FFW and didn't find it for 8 weeks. No leaks in the housing seals, the strobes battery compartments didn't leak either. 'nuf said.

If you buy a used DSLR be aware that the shutters are good for about 100K activations so always ask how many frames have been shot.

Mike

i have decided on the fuji f50 but had to cancel my order because of the seller(they didnt include batery or chrger for the camera) so now im trying to decide between the f50 and one of the cannons my housing for the f50 is already on its way so there would have to be a strong argument for canon a series or against the f50

well i decided to go with the fuji f50 cuz i already had the housing coming, it finally arrived today and i was able to take it into the pool for a test run...here are a couple of the pictures

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom